Monday, July 7, 2008

Hiking in Atsugi

Here goes another frantic attempt to keep my blog updated. This weekend I decided to take it easy and stay in Atsugi. Being outside of Kanagawa every weekend in a row has taken a toll on my wallet. This also gave me an oppurtunity to check out the local trails. The first thing I noticed when I came to Atsugi was the amount of trees and mountains, similar to Vancouver, except the mountains are not as high, and it is always humid. So on saturday I decided to take a bus out to the middle of no where (Atsugi somewhere) and just explore the local mountains with no destination in mind. The day started off with a solid breakfast



mmmmmm tasty.

Followed by the packing of Lunch.



Additional tasty. After all the preperations were done I grabbed my bike and burned rubber to HonAtsugi station to grab the bus to the trail head. After an hour or so I arrived. The trail was relatively easy. Suitable for people of any skill level. It was just good to be away from buildings, noise, lights, and people for a couple hours.











Fortunately I live in an area densely populated with hikes and mountains, so expect to see more in the future.

After the hike, I grabbed another bus to the Station, rode home, and proceeded to eat dinner and read 1984 in its entirety (good book). The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Sunday was spent at the local catholic church and grocery shopping.

Oh yea! THEY DO EXIST



Next up, a tribute to my new fridge!

1 comment:

Helena Yuen said...

Hi Alex, nice to see you finally slow down for a bit. The pictures are very nice. They look very peaceful...different from all the excitements that you had..haha. Keep up the good work!!